Read about the Awesome things that are going on in our lives.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Winning shot: By Mateo (Tito_10) Rodriguez

 Around the beginning of February a team representing Altoona at a Waukee soccer tournament had a semi-final game and they were playing against West Des Moines. West Des Moines had one short left footed kid who was an amazing player just to big of a cry baby. He scored two goals on us and one of our forwards had only scored one on them. There were about 10 minutes left in the game and that's when Miguel our midfielder took a shot about 3/4 from half field and scored right at the uper 90. It was 2-2 but then they scored another goal in a break away where the goalie lost the ball. When there was 5 minutes left in the game they fouled one of our players and it was a perfect chance for a goal. I told Miguel to let me take the free kick, and that's what I did. The goalie was way of to his left post so i just curved it in the right corner and it was tied up once again 3-3. 20 second on left on the clock and I decided to play all field so I was wherever the ball was. One of  there players didn't see me come and I stole the ball from him. I just started running from half field toward the goal then I saw there whole defense come towards me, I passed it to Willi and then like 3 defenders went towards him but then he passed it to Miguel and Miguel gave me a quick one touch pass and i put my foot flat on the floor so the ball could roll up and when it did I hit it with my knee when I had my back to the goal then the ball went a little to my left and that's when I did a half bicycle kick and scored over the goalie. I will NEVER  forget this moment because we were able to advance and win the championship. I would love to tell everyone about it but I don't like to brag. Just remember anything is possible if you TRY!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. yea you are real good and it is long.
    from Cesar A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you are good but I think you are overdramatic a bit. If I were you I would brag because that sounds pretty epic. Good story =3
    -Stephan Arreola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mateo- I would have loved to have seen that. I can close my eyes and almost picture your half bicycle kick in slow motion. Maybe I'll have to go to one of your games this spring. Amazing. -Miss L

    ReplyDelete