Read about the Awesome things that are going on in our lives.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The day I learned to tie my shoes : Stephan Arreola

Ever wonder how kids feel once they learn to tie their shoes? Do they feel proud, filled with honor or happy? I remember that moment when I was growing up and I  learned to tie my shoes. It was in my best days as a little kid (the kindergarten days). I remember being on the playground on a windy day it was like i was destined to learn how to tie my shoe that day. I tried a very feeble attempt but I didn't accomplish it but than I heard a voice in my head that I think was god saying "You can do it my son I believe in you (none of this really happened just trying to make it sound epic) but there I was my second attempt and I Stephan D'Carlo Arreola finally tied my shoe! I was filled with pride right away it was like winning a noble award. How did you feel once you tied your shoe?

8 comments:

  1. I remmember being at the docter's office in the lobby waiting for my sister to come out. It was just me and my dad. He taught me and I felt so proud. Nice writing by the way! -Justin-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must had been a great thing for you to get trow in life. Izak Yaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. - STEPHAN -
    ALL LITTLE KIDS GO THROUGH THIS BUT ITS WHEN THE ARE LIKE 5 OR 6 NOT 14. WELL I KNOW YOU GOT IT WHEN YOU WERE 5 BUT YOU 14 NOW DROP IT
    -KOLTON WHITMORE-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephan, I reamember when I learned to Tie my shoe. I wouldnt write about it, but then again im not you. Annnyywhoooo, I Agree With KOLTON ! Hahaha. Byyy : Addddddyyyyy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow bro i bet u dont now how to tie it still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tht was brandon who wrote tht last one _brandon torres

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I remember the first time I learned to tie my shoes the accurate way. Like the bunny going through the hole & blah blah blah. But before that I always tied my shoe's with the ears. I don't know why I'm telling you this ? [; but, yeahh. I felt pretty amazing. But I don't have little voices in my head talking to me. . . You should get that checked out bud.
    -Sidney[:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephan- I really enjoyed reading your epic tale of moving from slip-ons and velcro to the land of laces. Wait... what are those on your feet? My favorite parts of your post include 1- the use of the word "feeble", 2- the fact that you felt "destined" to tie your shoes that day, and 3- the quote "You can do it my son." Nice. -Miss Lewis

    ReplyDelete