Read about the Awesome things that are going on in our lives.

Friday, February 18, 2011

" basketball season" jeremy bentley

This year was my first year playing on a basketball team. I was a little scared at first to go visit the coach and to practice in front of people. I had a couple of friends that went with me to practice and I was worried I would be one of the worst on the team.
When I got there we started practice rite away. The coach told us to set up into two lines and do lay ups. We did that for about ten minutes and I did good. We then went into two teams and practice dribbling and passing to each other. I was doing pretty good until we got started working on plays. I kept getting mixed up and got myself confused for a second.
            After practice coach told me to stay for a little bit so I did. He showed me some plays and got me to understand them better. The next day we had a tournament, coach named off all the players that are going play. I was the seventh one picked!  what is your favorite sport?

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy, I'm glad that you were able to overcome your initial fear and stick with basketball. It takes a lot of courage and determination to stick something out like that. I was on the swim team in high school and there were many times I wanted to quit. If it had not been for my great teammates, I probably would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basketball is an awesome sport Derek

    ReplyDelete